Wedding Trends for 2017
2017 Wedding Trends
Things change and evolve in the wedding industry, but never overnight. It takes a few years to really see major trends, but I can tell you a few things that have caught my eye over the past year when I have photographed or videotaped weddings.
1. Tribute charms or lockets hanging from the stem or handle of the brides bouquet is a huge trend. These are lockets with a picture of a family member that has passed away. It is a very special way of holding them close to you during this big event. .
2. Flowers arraignments at the reception are getting smaller. For a while arrangements were so big and on pedestals that they would blocked guests view of each other at their tables. Succulents are popular as a low growing plant arrangement.
Many brides are getting away from flower arrangements totally at their tables and using lanterns or beautiful candles.
3. Candy tables are back. They were popular about ten years ago and kind of fell out of favor for awhile but I am happy to say they are back. Some will have vintage candies like dots or candy cigarettes. Others will have homemade candies or a mix of everything.
4. Photo booths are very common now at weddings. What makes me sad is that many brides choose a Photo Booth over a wedding video at a wedding. Don't get me wrong, I like photo booths, but if you have to choose either a booth or video because your budget is tight... Go with the video. Video really takes you through the day with sound and movement. It may not be something you watch very often, but it can really bring you back to your wedding day like nothing else can. I have never had a couple regret having video, but I have had plenty regret that they did not!
5. I do see more and more couples doing a selfie area at a wedding instead of a photo booth. They put up a backdrop usually something with their wedding date on it and people can come over and take a selfie. Some make it look like a red carpet area at an awards show. Super cool inexpensive idea.
6. Straps on wedding gowns are slowly coming into favor. I am seeing more and more each year.
7. Wedding cakes are still popular, however a couple may have a small cake to cut and delicious cupcakes for their guest. One wedding I photographed last year had cannolis instead of cake. Very Yummy! A cake secrete I have seen over the years is they have a large cake, but only the top layer is real. The couple cuts the real layer at the top and then the cake is taking in back. The venue cuts and plates a Costco cake and brings it out and serves it to the guests. No one knows the difference.
8. Guest no longer just sign in at a wedding. Couples have gotten very creative with asking you to give advice or congratulations on drawings, photos, and wooden boards. This becomes a momento they hang in their home.
9. The groom and groomsmen's outfits have not change a whole lot over the years. The tux is still king, but matching cufflinks are a happening. They may even be super hero themed. The trend of matching socks is still very popular with the guys.
Anderson Studios Photography & Video
or click on my Facebook Icon.
Bridal Show Coming Up and a Big Thank You!
As 2016 comes to a close I always like to take a moment to thank all of you for trusting in us to document your Wedding Day, Senior pictures, business portraits, Dance portraits or events. It is an honor and such a pleasure to do so. I feel blessed every day to go to work and do something I dearly love to do. From my Family to yours have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
In January I will post what trends in Weddings I have observed over the past year and follow up with some of my favorite images from 2016.
If you are getting married in the coming year or two and need a photographer or videographer to document your day please don't hesistate to contact me. I have wedding video hightlights from 2016 weddings up on my Facebook page so just click on the Facebook icon on the top of the page and look at my work. I also have hundreds of photography samples posted on Facebook and right here on the Website. I book a lot of my wedding season in the next six weeks so I hope to hear from you.
Come visit me at my booth at the HERE COME THE BRIDES BRIDAL SHOW on January 15th, 2017 at Brighton High School from 1-5pm. At the show you can enter my contest to WIN $500 off any Wedding Photo or Video package I offer! Plus, in honor of the Bridal Show I have a Great Bridal Show Special Going if you book by Febraury 28th... Get $300.00 off any Photography/ Video package or get $200.00 off a photography package or just a video package.
The Studio will be closed for the Holidays from Dec. 23rd- Jan. 5th, 2017 . However, don't hesistate to contact me either through email or by phone. I will check my email and phone messages often and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a Happy Holiday and the best New Year!
Anderson Studios Photography and Video
Recent Studio News
Wedding Trends for 2017 2017 Wedding Trends Things change and evolve in the wedding industry, but never overnight. It takes a few years to really see major trends, but I can tell you a few things that have caught my...
Bridal Show Coming Up and a Big Thank You! As 2016 comes to a close I always like to take a moment to thank all of you for trusting in us to document your Wedding Day, Senior pictures, business portraits, Dance portraits or events. It is an honor...
High School Senior Portrait Special! I Love to photograph High School Seniors Portraits. If you know someone in need of pictures I have three great sessions to choose from at very affordable prices. 1. A yearbook head shot session....
Wedding Trends for 2016 2016 Wedding Trends I love weddings! As a wedding photographer and videographer I get the honor of attending many weddings. I am always looking for whats new and trendy in dresses, decorations, ...
End of Year happenings! I have been blessed this year with some of the most awesome clients, friends and family. I wanted to take a moment as we end the year and travel into 2016 to thank all of you. You are all truely the...